In keeping with the theme of this summer’s Sunday school, “love each other the way Jesus loves us,” children colored sacks for lunches to feed the homeless served by Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County, a monthly ministry we call Service Sunday! On Sunday, teens assisted our children by sharing their experiences with Service Sunday, and helping with crafts and snacks.
Father Scot paid us a special visit and spoke about the importance of being humble and helping those in need. Children and adults can get involved each month on the second Sunday. When we gather together for a purpose, we take away a sense of accomplishment and love for others!
Everyone is welcome to serve in this Second Sunday ministry. Please join us right after the 10:30 service.
This Sunday in Sunday School for kids ages 3 years – 6th grade
This Sunday, August 12, we will be finishing up this summer’s theme of loving each other the way Jesus loves us with the lesson “Jesus is transfigured” (Pre-K through 3rd grade). Our tweens will learn the lesson “We accept each other” (4th-6th grade).
I can’t believe summer is soon coming to an end, and we are busy at work getting ready for fall Sunday School! I still need volunteers to be a part of our ministry to younger children. Will you volunteer?
Volunteer positions for Sunday School
- Welcome/Check-in team: Be the first warm face that children and parents see when they walk through the doors, help with sign-in and show children where to go. Welcome/Check-in team members hang up appropriate Sunday School signs, take attendance, and offer a welcoming, secure presence.
- Preschool teacher: ages 3-4
- P.R.A.Y. teacher: Kindergarten-3rd grade
- Doorkeeper for Godly Play: serve as a calming presence during lessons
- P.R.A.Y. teacher: 4th-6th grade
Contact me to get any other information for kids ages 3 through 6th grade – reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contributing your time and hearts to this growing ministry will enrich your life and benefit the future of St. Martin’s children!