Teens (grades 7-12)
Sunday School 10:30 Sundays
We have Sunday School for kids of all ages year round during our 10:30 am worship time. Through August 19, Sunday School starts in the church instead of in the school building! Teens and all children will “follow the cross” to different locations.
Teens will meet in a classrooms on the second and fourth Sundays to explore some theological books. On third Sundays, teens are encouraged to help lead the younger children in Sunday School by reading and discussing the Bible lesson, and helping younger children bring Bible stories to life. Teens and younger children will return and join their families and the congregation in time for Holy Communion. On first Sundays, we have a first Sunday family worship service at the 10:30 am service time, and no Sunday School for teens or children. Our family worship service gives our community an opportunity to worship together in a “kid friendly” format and allows teens and children to serve as readers, ushers and more!
Our Sunday School program makes a shift on August 26 – we’ll start at 10:30 in the Youth Room in the school building’s large parish hall. Parents, we will have forms for you to complete and sign. On August 26, we’ll get to know each other and brainstorm about what we’ll do this year! Our Sunday School time will explore Bible stories and connect these ancient stories to our present-day ones.
Episcopal Youth Community (EYC)
EYC Wednesday Nights are on break until September 5 !
Our Episcopal Youth Community (EYC) Wednesday night meetings will resume on September 5, just after Labor Day.
Our youth group at St. Martin’s is also known by the name Episcopal Youth Community (EYC), which is a traditional name for youth groups at Episcopal churches. EYC invites young people in 7th – 12th grades for outreach & mission work, spiritual formation & fellowship. Sunday Fundays on Sunday afternoons also seek to connect teens. A “study break” with snacks, devotions, faith formation and fellowship is held during the school year on Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 pm. Learn more about EYC here:
- July pool party was a splash! - Thanks to all that came out to the July 29 Pool Party! Children, teens and families cooled off in the pool and enjoyed pizza, popsicles, and plenty of juice and soda. As summer comes to an end, it was fun to reconnect and strengthen friendships that were made during the weeks of VBS and summer […]
- Teen News – August - Teens and parents, as summer sizzles, don’t forget Service Sunday on August 12. Get the details of our Fall Sunday School and back-to-school plans here!
- Teen News – July - Teens, enjoy the summer! We hope to see you for Service Sunday on July 8. EYC will begin again on September 5.
- Teen News – June - HAPPY SUMMER! As we slip into summer, read what we have going on in June for teens, and put some dates on your calendar:
- Gratitude for the Italian Feast fundraiser - Gratitude and a full tummy to all! On Sunday, May 21, the youth had a successful fundraiser for our New Mexico mission trip! We served up plate after plate of delicious spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad for all of our hungry congregants. I would like to say a special thank you to all of our […]