November will bring a time of reflection as we continue to strengthen friendships that we’ve made and welcomed new friends to Sunday School and church. The fall season is a time to appreciate each other as we embrace the holiday season – a time of stewardship, Advent, festivals, planning, friends, and fun!
Mark your calendars for all of our exciting events!
November 4: All Saints Day & Children’s Parade on First Sunday Family Worship
Children wanting to parade should meet right outside the red church doors at 10:15 am to put on saints’ banners; they will follow the processional cross into church. After the parade, children will return to their parents in the pews for the rest of our First Sunday family worship.
Our 10:30 am worship on First Sundays gives a special time for kids to be hands on and immersed in all we do together in worship. We need youth readers & prayer leaders each month!
Parents, if your kid is willing to read our bible lessons or lead prayers, please sign them up here.
November Sunday School lessons
- November 11,18,25: Deep Blue “At Home with God”
- November 11: Godly Play: “Noah’s Arc”
- November 18: P.R.A.Y: “God and Me:Our Story Together” Isaiah 44:23/Gamebox continuation
- November 25:: P.R.A.Y: God, Me, and My Family. Jesus is a Friend to All, Luke 19:1-10
- November 11: P.R.A.Y: Session 4: “In God’s Family We’re Loved No Matter What! Because We’re Loved, We Follow Rules” Jesus in the Temple-Luke 2:41-52; Prodigal son-Luke 15:11-32; Ten Commandments-Exodus 20:1-17
- November 18: P.R.A.Y: “Being in God’s Family Helps Us When Things are Tough” Daniel’s friends face trouble-Daniel 3:1-30
- November 25: P.R.A.Y:Continue “Being in God’s Family Helps Us When Things are Tough” Paul and Silas in jail-Acts 16:19-34. Preparation for PRAY wrap-up: “In God’s Family, We Share As a Response to God’s Love”, John 6:1-15, Matthew 28:16-20.
Sunday School Registration
If you are new to our Sunday school or haven’t already filled out Permission forms for your child, please fill out the forms today! Or you can fill them out when you drop your child off at Sunday school.
Don’t miss Advent kick-off and Welcome to Bethlehem on Dec.2
Mark your calendar for December 2 right after the 10:30 am worship service, for an inter-generational event to kick off Advent with our “Welcome to Bethlehem” event and festivities. We really need volunteers for this fun event! If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.
Christmas Eve 3 pm children’s service
Join us for a brief (40 minute) service that will surely appeal to young children and families! We will share the Christmas message, enjoy music, and share Holy Communion. Shhh, Santa will join us near our red church doors after the service and we’ll share treats! There is no nursery care at this service.
Christmas Eve 5 pm family service with pageant
Join us to hear a Christmas message shared with families and children in a kid-friendly, interactive way. Enjoy singing Christmas hymns and celebrate Holy Communion with us. New this year, we’ll have a Christmas pageant, no rehearsal required, for kids to experience the story of Jesus’s birth. Afterward, please join us in our school building for the Elves’ Feast ! There is no nursery care at this service.
Stay tuned to Children’s events throughout the year through email and Facebook. Be sure to put your email address on your child’s registration form so that I can keep in touch with you throughout the Sunday school year!
Liza Goodner, Children’s Minister