Trunk or Treat + Chili Cookoff + Potluck Luncheon
Join us for Trunk or Treat + Chili Cook Off + Potluck Luncheon. It will be lots of fun for everyone! Kids are welcome to come in costume, and adults are encouraged to sign up for a parking spot to pass out treats. Our chili cookoff is a church favorite, so we challenge you to register to enter your best chili for our judges. And everyone can share a meal at our potluck, plus sample chili after it’s judged.
Trunk or Treat
Sign up for a parking spot to support Children’s & Youth Ministries!
Reserve a parking spot with a donation of $20. Reserved parking starts at 10 am. We’ll have friendly teens and adult volunteers guiding you to your spot. All proceeds from Trunk or Treat will go directly to our Children’s and Youth Ministries. Decorate your car with a theme, and enjoy the smiles from children as you pass out peanut free, tree nut free, and latex free treats! We are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE campus.
You may pay by check (memo: trunk or treat) or online with the payment button below.
Contact email@example.com for more information about Trunk or Treat and how you can volunteer for this event. We’ll need folks to help direct vehicles in and out and to help teens during the event.
Come and Trick or Treat
After the 10:30 am service, we’re inviting children to visit each vehicle to safely “trick or treat” and everyone is invited to enjoy all our festivities! Make it fun!
- Everyone is encouraged to dress up as a modern day saint or in a fun costume (not too scary!).
- Jazz up your vehicle with decorations.
- Bring peanut free, tree nut free, and latex free treats to hand out to “trick or treaters” after the 10:30 am service. We are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE campus.
- Bring a dish to share at the potluck, or a chili to enter in the contest (form below). Let us know if you need someone to watch your chili while you’re passing out treats!
When we gather for a potluck, it’s to share good food and to create community at our church. Bring a dish to share, break bread with those around you & maybe even make a new friend or two! Bring potluck dishes to the large east parish hall kitchen before the 10:30 am service or by noon. Grab a taste of chili & some potluck yummies & enjoy the festivities! For more information or to help with set up & clean up, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE campus. That means you have to watch your ingredients in food you bring to campus. Read about it here.
Chili Cook Off
What’s better than trick or treat? Trick or treat with some chili on top! Sign up to compete in our chili cook off this year. Win prizes, bragging rights and help raise money for our ministries to younger people. First, second & crowd favorite prizes will be awarded, so be creative & bring the flavor!
Here’s how to participate:
- Sign up & bring a chili! We need to know you’re going to bring a chili so we have the right amount of space and room for yours.
- Judge! We need judges for a blind tasting. Please email Megan Grant at email@example.com to say you want to judge.
- Power up! We need extension cords and power strips. If you have an extension cord or power strip that St. Martin’s can borrow for the afternoon, please bring it! Make sure your name & phone number are on it.
- Eat & Vote for your favorite chili! Get a taste of chili. To vote, simply place a voting card or a dollar (or more) into the jar in front of your favorite chili. The contestant with the most votes/money will win the “crowd favorite” prize! All donations will benefit our Children’s and Youth Ministries.
- Give info to your friends! Please spread the word to your friends & neighbors. They can also sign up for the cook off, bring their kids for Trunk or Treat, and share in our potluck meal!
Contest information for participants:
- When: Bring your chili before the 10:30 am service, or by noon. Festivities begin at noon.
- Name it! Name your chili. Be creative.
- List allergens: No chili or condiments with peanuts or tree nuts. List any potential allergens in your ingredients: milk, eggs, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish.
- Keep it warm: Bring your chili in a crock pot or bring a warming plate for your chili, and please bring serving utensils. Tasting bowls & spoons will be provided.
- Condiments are great! If you think condiments will enhance the chili-eating experience, please bring them.
- Winners & prizes: Judging will take place at 12:45, crowd votes will be collected, and the winners will be announced at 1 pm.
- Sign up! Your chili needs its place, and we have to reserve the right amount of space for a lot of chili, plus plan to keep all the chili warm. Use the form below.
I want to support our ministries to young people. How can I donate?
It truly takes a village to raise children and teens who experience the love of God and who learn to take that love to the world. Your financial support makes these ministries possible. You can place a check in the offering plate during any service, or mail a check to:
223 South Pearson Lane
Keller, TX 76248
Please write “trunk or treat” in the memo field.
Or donate online with the form below.