Meet us on January 12 in the small parish hall. We’ll make sandwiches before heading on over to the Rev. Chris Thomas’ farewell party.
Service Sunday is held every second Sunday of the month at noon in the large hall in the school building. Folks of all ages gather to make sandwiches and put together a complete sack lunch for the homeless being served by Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County (UGM). We make 120 sack lunches each month and volunteers deliver them to UGM. Childcare is available.
Each month we need:
- Early birds to help set up before the sandwich making begins
- Sandwich makers of all ages
- Clean-up crew
- Drivers who can deliver sack lunches the same day to UGM
Contact email@example.com if you would like to help.
Your donations make such a difference! We especially need
- nut-free Nutri-Grain, Rice Krispies treats or granola bars
- grape jelly
- nut-free baked/store bought cookies
- Ziplock-type sandwich bags
- decorated lunch bags (you can pick up a packet to decorate in the back of church)
Donations can be brought to the church office during normal office hours, or with you to church, or on the day of Service Sunday.
Service Sunday is a great way to prayerfully reach out to our neighbors. It’s a transformative ministry! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.