Chili Cookoff at Festival in the Fields
Don’t miss the Festival in the Fields‘ Chili Cookoff contest on October 25, with prizes for best tasting, most creative, and best name/most fun presentation! You can…
- Bring a chili! Signup in church or email cookoff coordinator Elizabeth Mason (email address removed).
- Judge! We need judges for a blind tasting. Email Elizabeth Mason to volunteer.
- Power! We need extension cords and power strips. First 10 people to bring in a power strip or extension cord by 10am on the day of the Festival will get a free taste.
- Eat! Buy some chili after contest judging! Chili will be sold with tickets like other food items.
- Give info to your friends! A flyer is here.
Please spread the word to your friends and neighbors! Any festival proceeds go to new playground equipment for the church and school.
Contest information for participants:
- When: Bring your chili between 10 – 11am. Blind judging will begin at 11am. Tasting will begin after 11:30am.
- Name it! Name your chili. Be creative. There is a prize for name/presentation!
- List allergens: Be ready to name your chili and list any potential allergens in the ingredients: peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish.
- Keep it warm: Bring your chili in crock pot or bring a warming plate for your chili, and please bring serving utensils.
- Condiments are great! If you think condiments will enhance the chili-eating experience, please bring them.
- Winners & prizes: Winners will be announced & prizes awarded immediately after judging.
- Sign up! Please sign up in the back of the church or by emailing chili cookoff coordinator Elizabeth Mason (email address removed) so we can plan the right amount of space for the contest.