We continue using our homes as a sacred space and setting our sights on the Epiphany season in January, beginning with the Feast of the Epiphany! We will explore the true meaning of Epiphany prayers from Common Prayer for Children and Families.
Feast of the Epiphany Prayer: “The magi entered the house and saw the child with Mary, his mother. Falling to their knees, they honored Jesus. Then they opened their treasure chests and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.” -Matthew 2:11.
The Feast of the Baptism of Jesus prayer: “When everyone was being baptized Jesus was also baptized. While he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit came down on him in bodily form like a dove.” And there was a voice from heaven: “You are my son, whom I dearly love, in you I find happiness.” -Luke 3:21-22
On Sundays, children will engage with lesson plans for Godly Play and Ministry to Children. All children Pre-K through 5th grade are welcome to join in the meeting on Zoom! Email Children’s Minister Liza Goodner at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
How to connect:
- Watch worship services online anytime
- To get the link for Zoom Sunday school classes at 9:30 or to get reminder text messages, email email@example.com
- We post recorded Godly Play Sunday school lessons & other interesting news to the St. Martin’s Facebook page
- If you are new and want to plug into St. Martin’s children’s activities, please fill out a permission form and email to Liza.
- The church staff are here for you! If you need pastoral care, prayers for you or your family, resources, or anything else, please let us know!
Children and Families are welcome to volunteer with the Good News Gardens, our raised Garden Beds that benefit 4Saints Food Pantry! Look for updates here, and via email. if you would like to participate please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about Sunday School: