Year-end giving & pledging
We are blessed to receive your financial support of God’s work through our church in many ways! Year-end contributions have many forms. Some folks complete their financial commitments to our church in December, and many give extra offerings at the end of the year in order to maximize tax deductions. Some folks may not yet have made a financial commitment to our church for 2017. We have information below about all of this!
Please remember that in order for your financial gifts to be considered 2016 contributions for tax purposes, IRS rules establish a December 31 contribution deadline. December 31 falls on a Saturday this year, when the church office is closed, and gifts made on Sunday, January 1 cannot be shown on 2016 contribution statements. Please remember:
- Your contribution made by USPS mail must be postmarked on or before Saturday, December 31, 2016.
- If you wish to make a contribution in person, we welcome that during office hours or during our worship times. The church office will be open from 8 am to 4 pm Wednesday, December 21 through Thursday, December 22, and also Tuesday, December 27 through Friday, December 30. The church office is closed on Saturdays. Your contribution can be made on Saturday, December 31, during our 5 pm worship service; simply place your contribution in an envelope in the offering plate.
- You can click here to make a gift, or click the button below:
Make a commitment for 2017
We believe God is doing great things through our church, and we invite you to be a part of it! At St. Martin-in-the-Fields, we have been called by Christ to a shared mission in the world.
Making a financial commitment in 2017 should be primarily a spiritual decision – reached after prayer and reflection. Our decisions about giving financially reflect central parts of our spiritual life: surrendering a portion of our wealth to God’s work, having faith that we can give generously and not suffer want, and showing joyful thanksgiving for God’s grace and gifts to us.
Pledging is crucial in enabling our church to plan its ministries in advance, and it provides a stable financial base for the support of our programs. We encourage you to commit a definite amount towards the support of God’s work in our community of faith, and to join in faithful and consistent godly giving in one of these ways:
- Complete a commitment card at church and place it in the offering plate at church.
- Click here to make a commitment online.
In every opportunity that this season brings, we encourage you to grow deeper in faith and use your unique gifts to serve our gracious God. May God’s peace fill you and God’s Spirit inspire you.