Year-end giving & pledging
We are blessed to receive your financial support of God’s work through our church in many ways! Year-end contributions have many forms. Some folks complete their financial commitments to our church in December, and many give extra offerings at the end of the year in order to maximize tax deductions. Some folks may not yet have made a financial commitment to our church for 2018. Some people also prepay their 2018 pledge during December 2017 in order to take advantage of tax savings.
Please remember that in order for your financial gifts to be considered 2017 contributions for tax purposes, IRS rules establish a December 31 contribution deadline. December 31 falls on a Sunday this year, when the church office is closed, but when we have our regular Sunday morning worship. Please note:
- You can mail it! Your contribution made by USPS mail must be postmarked on or before Sunday, December 31, 2017.
- You can bring it! If you wish to make a contribution in person, we welcome that during office hours and during worship times. The church office will be open regular hours through Wednesday, December 20. The office will be closed from noon Thursday, December 21 through Tuesday, December 26. The office will re-open for business on Wednesday, December 27; regular office hours of Monday – Thursday 8-4 and Friday 8-3 will resume. Your contribution can be made on Saturday, December 30 at our 5 pm worship service, and on Sunday, December 31, at 8:30 and 10:30 am worship; simply place your contribution in an envelope in the offering plate.
- You can give online! You can click the button below to make a gift.
Make a pledge for 2018
We believe God is doing great things through our church, and we invite you to be a part of it! At St. Martin-in-the-Fields, we have been called by Christ to a shared mission in the world. Making a financial commitment for 2018 should be primarily a spiritual decision – reached after prayer and reflection. Our decisions about giving financially reflect central parts of our spiritual life: surrendering a portion of our wealth to God’s work, having faith that we can give generously and not suffer want, and showing joyful thanksgiving for God’s grace and gifts to us.
Pledging is crucial in enabling our church to plan its ministries in advance, and it provides a stable financial base for the support of our programs. Commit a definite amount towards the support of God’s work in our community of faith, and join in faithful and consistent godly giving in one of these ways:
- Complete a pledge card at church and place it in the offering plate at church.
- Click here to make a pledge online.
May the fruits that we yield, rooted in our faith, rooted in Christ, be plentiful, and may God’s peace and blessings be with you always.