St. Martin In the Fields Vestry Minutes September 19, 2021
All members were present
Opening Prayer – Father Alan
Minutes from August meeting were presented – voted to approved by all members
Financial Report – DJ Mitchell
Noted Finances to Complete 2021
- Insurance Bill
- $5,400.00 property taxes due in December
- Goal to keep office expenses at $1,800 or below
- Currently under plan in giving
- DJ will be sending out a status letter to the parish soon
Chris Mullaney made a motion to accept the budget report and Linda Seeber seconded. All approved.
- Reiterated what DJ had reported
- Financial Review is submitted
- Canon Waggoner will expect an outside audit in 2022
- Resolution signed for the corporation switch from Ron Pogue to Alan Bentrup as registered agent.
Julie Sutton made a motion to accept Gary’s report and Bob Bess seconded. All approved.
Human Flourishing – DJ Mitchell
- Reported the attendance has steadily increased after adding another book club group.
Senior Warden’s Report – Keen Haynes
- Executive Council Meeting – announced that Canon Waggoner will be going on sabbatical
- Reported information about issues with the ongoing lawsuit.
- Convention will be held at Texas Wesleyan
- Regarding Nominating Committee – changing it so people up for nomination can also be on the committee.
- This year – 4 vestry members and 5 convention delegates to be voted on.
- 1-22-2022 will be the next meeting for Executive Council Meeting.
Junior Warden Report – Bob Bess/Chris Mullaney
- Recognized Chris for the church grounds and how hard they have worked this summer
- Meeting with Southlake regarding changes to park east of the church and how it could affect the church grounds.
- Replaced AC unit.
- Flood Check – Making sure we make use of our resources.
- Changes in the restroom to make them non gender and open to everyone. Signs will go up and changes made them later in regard to replacing and removing barriers in the restrooms.
Pastoral Care – Paula Jefferson
- Reported that the Hillsboro church is growing and flourishing.
- Ministries are busy and more and more and moving forward.
- Christian Formation is progressing and over 50 people have been present.
Rector’s Report – Alan Bentrup
- Attendance at the 8:00 service is increasing
- Attendance at the 10:30 is over 75.
- Boy Scout Project – rebuild and refurbish the outside benches. Presentation will be in November outlining the project.
Closing Prayer –
Meeting was adjourned at 2:00.
Next Meeting October 17, 2021