St. Martin-in-the Fields Vestry Minutes November 21, 2021
Present: Keen Haynes, DJ Mitchell, Linda Seeber, Melissa Kurkel, Mary Anderson, Jim McManic, Bob Garrity, Bob Bess, and Chris Mullaney
Absent: Joe Stark, Amanda Alvarez, and Julie Sutton
Meeting was called to order at 12:30
Approved minutes from the October 2021 meeting
DJ Mitchell: Finance Report
- See attached information for a detailed report
- Announced stewardship statistics and a comparison to last year at this point in the stewardship campaign.
- Letters will be going out to parishioners that have not pledged and follow up phone calls.
Bob Bess made a motion to accept the reports. Jim McManic seconded. Voted to approve
Gary Wilkinson – Finance Committee
- Commented on stewardship and current numbers
- Committee will start working on the 2022 budget in December
- Finance Committee will meet again on December 18th
Liaison Report – Lisa Goodner
- Godly Play training available
- Good News Garden updates
- Eagle Scout project is about to be completed.
Keen Haynes – Senior Warden
- 4 Vestry Candidates are running for 2022
- 3/5 delegates are running for delegates
Bob Bess/Chris Mullaney – Jr Wardens
- Spoke about the Southlake sidewalk Project
- Tile bids are out for repairs to parish hall
- Painting 5 rooms
- Asked the vestry to consider an increase of $20.00 per week for cleaning contract
- A motion was made by Keen Haynes to approve the clergy to sign off legal agreements in the future (Article 9.2 of the SMITF bylaws) Voted and approved.
Paula Jefferson – Curate Report
- Seen attached for update due to Paula Jefferson not being present
Alan Bentrup – Clergy Report
- Alan is in talks with a group regarding use of the church in the future and a partnership with the church .
- Covid prodicals will continue except asking the committee to drop the registration process.
Closing Prayer – Melissa Kurkel
Adjourned at 1:50
Mary Anderson – Vestry Clerk