ST. MARTIN-IN-THE-FIELDS VESTRY MEETING, August 15, 2021
Present: Bob Bess, Linda Seeber, Jim McManic, Melissa Kurkul, Joe Stark, Keen Haynes, Bob Garrity, DJ Mitchell, Julie Sutton, Christopher Mullaney, Amanda Alvarez.
Absent: Mary Anderson
Also Present: Fr. Alan Bentrup, Paula Jefferson and Gary Wilkinson
Vestry of St. Martin-in-the-Field Episcopal Church was held Sunday, August 15, 2021 in person and zoom meeting.
The meeting was opened with prayer by the Rev. Alan Bentrup at 12:35 p.m.
Vestry Minutes from previous months were presented.
A motion was to approve the minutes for the July meeting. Voted to accept.
Treasurer’s Report: DJ Mitchell
- Buildings and Grounds has $26,556 remaining in its budget compared to the $34,135 spent through July 31. However, note that in July, Buildings and Grounds spent $8,037, which of repeated for the rest of the year would total $40,185. The remainder of the year will need to be watched closely.
- Communications had $850 remaining in its budget compared to the $3,620 spent through July 31st. However, note that in July, Communications spent $176, which if repeated for the rest of the year would total $880.
- Worship has $2,933 remaining in its budget compared to the $11,479 spent through July 31st. based on trends the rest of the year would total $4,110
Treasurer’s Report Approved:
Finance Committee – Gary Wilkinson
- Audit has been completed and Audit certificate issued.
- Linda Seeber liason to the Stewardship Committee has reported that the Stewardship time line has been completed.
Jr. Warden: Bob Bess
- Both Parish Halls have been painted.
- One A/C unit has to be replaced at a cost of $16,864
- Water damage in the classroom on the south side of the building. Insurance has been contacted.
- Fever United was thanked for painting the parking lot bumpers.
- One more camera is needed in the church at a cost of $879.
Senior Warden: Keen Haynes
Keen covered the need for additional help with VPIC (vestry person in charge).
Curate Report: Paula Jefferson
- Christian Formation is working on 7 different group to meet with the Harry Potter Christian Formation that will start Sept, 22nd.
- Adult mentors are needed for EYC.
- Godly Play training is complete.
- Regathering team pleased with attendance of 8 am- 15, 10:30 am- 50.
- Boy Scouts approved to sell popcorn on Sunday, Oct.3rd.
- Alan again thanked the church for all the gifts and food given to him and his family.
Closing Prayer Fr. Alan Bentrup
Meeting adjourned at 1:40
THE NEXT VESTRY MEETING WILL BE HELD ON Sept. 19th at 12:30.