ST. MARTIN-IN-THE-FIELDS VESTRY MEETING, April 18, 2021
Present: All Present: Chris Mullaney, Bob Bess, Mary Anderson, Linda Seeber, Jim McManic, Amanda Alvarez, Melissa Kurkul, Joe Stark, Keen Haynes, Bob Garrity, DJ Mitchell
Absent: Julie Sutton
Also Present: Paula Jefferson, Sue Mitchell, and Gary Wilkinson
Vestry of St. Martin-in-the-Field Episcopal Church was held Sunday, April 18, 2021 virtually via zoom meeting. The meeting was opened with prayer by the Very Rev. Ron Pogue at 12:35 p.m.
Vestry Minutes from previous months were presented. No corrections were needed. DJ Mitchell made a motion to approve the minutes for the February Meeting and Chris Mullaney seconded. Voted to accept. DJ Mitchell made a motion to accept the March minutes and Linda Seeber seconded. Vestry voted to accept.
Treasurer’s Report: DJ Mitchell
- A few expenses were higher this month – computer for administrative assistant, maintenance work at the church, Worship and Programs.
- Pledges were off about 6,000.
- Submitting documents for PPE Loan Forgiveness
- Easter offering was about $ 4,660.00
- Scout project contributions a little over $1,000.
Treasurer’s Report Approved:
Finance Committee – Gary Wilkinson
- 2020 Financial Review will be completed by a committee.
- Bob Bess made a motion to proceed with selecting a committee.
- Discussed question of solar panels being installed on the parish hall.
- Next meeting will be May 15, 2021.
Rector search committee: Sue Mitchell
- April 19th is the final candidates interview
- Committee will meet to see if they can whittle down the number of candidates, but Sue stated that all the candidates were strong.
- Mock interview w/Canon Waggoner is still on the agenda.
- Ron mentioned the Transition Committee and whether to add new members or create a new committee. Sue said she would present to the search committee and report back their deicison.
- Discussed compensation package and presented to the vestry.
Junior Warden: Bob Bess and Chris Mullaney
- Reported 35-50 people were at the spring workday at church. Completed a lot of different jobs.
Senior Warden: Keen Haynes
- Recognized Jr. Wardens for their spring workday turnout.
- Would be sending out the draft of the compensation package for the new rector.
- Chris will publish the Holy Mowers Schedule this week.
Curate’s Report: Paula Jefferson
- Shared information from the Regathering Committee. Paula presented a tentative plan with dates for regathering. Tentatively set for May 16th if all the reports look like it will be safe.
- Announced Human Flourishing was starting a new book this week.
- “Reimagining” EYC – preparing letters to members to populate a council about how to change and improve EYC in the future.
- Discovery Weekend (Virtual) – 10 people attended and was a very positive weekend.
- Announced the Enviromental Team has added four new members to the team. The team will be touring the church and church grounds and report to the parish about the changes.
- Personnel Committee was formed with Christopher DeClerc to head the committee w/Mary Beth Butler and Dan Waggoner. The committee will be reviewing the policies that are in place regarding personnel.
Vestry went into executive session to discuss a personnel matter.
Chris Mullaney made a motion and DJ Mitchell seconded it to approve a motion to extend the letter of agreement for Paula Jefferson for the full two years. Vestry voted and approved.
1:30 – Bob Bess gave the closing prayer and the meeting was adjourned.
NEXT REGULAR VESTRY MEETING WILL BE SUNDAY, May 16th AT 12:30