St. Martin-in-the-Fields Annual Meeting – January 30, 2022
ZOOM Meeting – Approximately 60 members present
The 2022 annual meeting was called to order at 12:15 by Rev. Alan Bentrup
A quorum was present
Opening Prayer – Rev. Alan Bentrup
Call to Order – 12:15
Alan recognized the members of the 2021 vestry and delegates and thanked them for their service.
The delegates for convention were announced. Members of the parish voted and all candidates were elected with Linda Seeber as the alternate.
Members voted for the 4 candidates for vestry. All nominees were elected by parish members.
- Curate Paula Jefferson will now be the Associate Rector at SMITF.
- Announced the upcoming vestry retreat in February which will be held on ZOOM
Associate Rector’s Report
- Paula spoke about the outpouring response to recreating a Stephen’s Ministry at SMITF.
Treasurer’s Report – DJ Mitchell
- A detailed Treasurer’s Report was sent to all members prior to the meeting.
- Limited carry over to 2022. Budget will be expected to pay for all expenses in 2022
- Emergency fund was used for AC replacements and the surplus from 2022 budget will be used to refund the emergency fund (if surplus funds are available at the end of the year)
Budget Committee Report – Gary Wilkinson
- A detailed report was sent to all members prior to the meeting.
- Reviewed the process for building a budget.
- $431,000 is pledged
- $477,700 is budgeted
- Updated pledges changed the deficit by app. $10,000
- Updated members of the assets of SMITF
- Announced 15 new commitments and 38 members increased their pledges for 2022
- Shortfall – less than 10% but encouraged members to commit an increase of 15%
- Thank the staff for all their hard work and commitment.
- Discussed current ministries and how members can be involved and the need for new leaders to head the current ministries.
Keen Haynes presented the new vestry members and convention delegates
- Each member made a promise to the congregation to serve.
- Alan formally committed each new member and offered a prayer.
Closing Prayer and Blessing – Alan Bentrup
Adjourned at 1:15
Mary Anderson – Vestry Clerk