Trunk or Treat test – Ani
Join us for Trunk or Treat + Chili Cook Off + 5th Sunday Potluck Luncheon. It will be lots of fun for everyone!
Trunk or Treat: Event with a mission
Youth leader, Megan Grant has plans for a 2018 mission trip to a monastery. You can help support our mission trips, which bring adults and teens together, working side by side to make a difference in the world. This type of ministry opens eyes, hearts and minds and reminds us of Jesus’ call to love others.
Our teens will be walking to each vehicle in the Trunk or Treat area, thanking participants for being a part of this event. They’ll also talk about the importance of mission trips and their plans for future mission work.
Sign up for a spot!
Reserve a parking spot with a donation of $20. Reserved parking starts at 10 am. We’ll have friendly teens and adult volunteers guiding you to your spot. All proceeds from Trunk or Treat will go directly to mission trip funding.
You may pay by check (memo: trunk or treat) or online with the form below.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about Trunk or Treat and how you can volunteer for this event. We’ll need folks to help direct vehicles in and out and to help teens during the event.
Trick or Treat
After the 10:30 am service, we’re inviting children to visit each vehicle to safely “trick or treat” and everyone is invited to enjoy all our festivities!
Make it fun!
- Everyone is encouraged to dress up as a modern day saint or in a fun costume (not too scary!)
- Jazz up your vehicle with decorations
- Bring candy or treats to hand out to “trick or treaters” after the 10:30 am service
- Bring a dish to share at the potluck, or a chili to enter in the contest (form below). Let us know if you need someone to watch your chili while you’re passing out treats!
5th Sunday Potluck Luncheon
Do you have a desire to get to know other people at St. Martin’s? If you do, then the 5th Sunday Lunch Gathering is for you! This is an event created for the sole purpose of creating community at our church.
This month we’re having a potluck! Bring a dish to share, break bread with those around you & maybe even make a new friend or two! Bring potluck dishes to the large east parish hall kitchen before the 10:30 am service or by noon. Grab a taste of chili & some potluck yummies & enjoy the festivities! For more information or to help with set up & clean up, contact Julie Sutton, email@example.com.
Chili Cook Off
What’s better than trick or treat? Trick or treat with some chili on top! Sign up to compete in our chili cook off this year. Win prizes, bragging rights and help raise money for mission trips. First, second & crowd favorite prizes will be awarded, so be creative & bring the flavor!
Here’s how to participate:
- Sign up & bring a chili! We need to know you’re going to bring a chili so we have the right amount of space and room for yours.
- Judge! We need judges for a blind tasting. Please email Anika Rinker at firstname.lastname@example.org to say you want to judge.
- Power up! We need extension cords and power strips. If you have an extension cord or power strip that St. Martin’s can borrow for the afternoon, please bring it! Make sure your name & phone number are on it.
- Eat & Vote for your favorite chili! Get a taste of chili. To vote, simply place a voting card or a dollar (or more) into the jar in front of your favorite chili. The contestant with the most votes/money will win the “crowd favorite” prize! All donations will benefit youth mission trips.
- Give info to your friends! Please spread the word to your friends & neighbors. They can also sign up for the cook off, bring their kids for Trunk or Treat, and share in our potluck meal!
Contest information for participants:
- When: Bring your chili before the 10:30 am service, or by noon. Festivities begin at noon.
- Name it! Name your chili. Be creative.
- List allergens: Be ready to list any potential allergens in the ingredients: peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish.
- Keep it warm: Bring your chili in a crock pot or bring a warming plate for your chili, and please bring serving utensils. Tasting bowls & spoons will be provided.
- Condiments are great! If you think condiments will enhance the chili-eating experience, please bring them.
- Winners & prizes: Judging will take place at 12:45, crowd votes will be collected, and the winners will be announced at 1 pm.
- Sign up! Your chili needs its place, and we have to reserve the right amount of space for a lot of chili, plus plan to keep all the chili warm. Use the form below or contact the church office at 817-431-2396, email@example.com.
Sign up form
I want to support mission trips. How can I donate?
It truly takes a village to take the gospel of Jesus into the world and make a difference through mission work. These experiences also equip our people for a lifetime of service and ministry, changing their hearts and minds forever.
Your financial support makes mission trips possible. You can place a check in the offering plate during any service, or mail a check to:
223 South Pearson Lane
Keller, TX 76248
Please write “trunk or treat” in the memo field.
Or donate online with the form below.