Things to know about the presiding bishop’s visit
Here are the fast facts about the Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori’s visit to St. Martin-in-the-Fields:
- Sunday, February 9
- 9:30 – 10:15 am Town Hall Meeting
- 10:30 am Celebration of the Holy Eucharist
- 12pm Reception
- Available from 8am – 12pm
- Enter through the double glass doors
Children’s Sunday School:
- 6th – 12th grades are invited to the Town Hall Meeting
- 5th grade and below will meet in the hallway classrooms; enter through the double glass doors
- Available for $15
- Your purchase helps defray the cost of the visit
- See the design
Food and Drink:
- Town Hall Meeting: only beverages will be available
- Reception: appetizers & beverages
There will be an audio-visual feed into the parish hall for the 10:30 Eucharist. If you are seated in the parish hall, you will be escorted over to the church and encouraged to receive communion in the sanctuary. There will be one communion station in the smaller west parish hall. When it comes time to receive communion, people will be asked to leave their chairs so that the reception can be quickly set up.
- Look for an attendant to direct you to parking.
- If the field is dry, we will be parking on the upper soccer fields.
- If the fields are wet, additional parking will be in the parking lots of the Crusader Gym (407 S. Pearson Lane) and The Flower Ranch (901 S. Pearson Lane). You will be directed to park at one of these locations as needed and shuttles will be provided.
- Someone to pick up the food for the reception; this needs to be done at 9:30 am. Contact Kathy Watson.
- Cars and drivers for shuttles. Contact Joe Panther.