Sunday School for kids needs volunteers! Info night August 9
Will you help children on their journey with God? Will you give a little of your time and use your unique gifts for our ministries to young people? We have great ways for you to be involved with kids ages 3 through 6th grade! Come to our Sunday School information night in the large parish hall on Thursday, August 9 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm. We’ll be going over the exciting new curriculum for our younger children, and introducing new job roles for the 2018-2019 Sunday School year. Dinner will be provided. The first day of Sunday School is August 26, along with backpack blessings during church. Sunday School shifts back to our during-the-school-year format on this date.
Volunteer positions for Sunday School
- Welcome/Check-in team: Be the first warm face that children and parents see when they walk through the doors, help with sign-in and show children where to go. Welcome/Check-in team members hang up appropriate Sunday School signs, take attendance, and offer a welcoming, secure presence.
- Preschool teacher: ages 3-4
- P.R.A.Y. teacher: Kindergarten-3rd grade
- Doorkeeper for Godly Play: serve as a calming presence during lessons
- P.R.A.Y. teacher: 4th-6th grade
RSVP and inquire about childcare and get any other information for kids ages 3 through 6th grade by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Contributing your time and hearts to this growing ministry will enrich your life and benefit the future of St. Martin’s children!
Teen ministry needs volunteers, too!
Interested in helping teens on Sundays in Sunday School and Sunday Fundays, and/or Wednesday night meetings? Our Youth Minister Megan Grant can connect you to opportunities to serve with this dynamic and passionate group! Contact Megan at email@example.com. The info night on August 9 is not targeting our teen-only volunteers. You CAN indeed serve in both ministry areas – ask us how!