Sunday School- 3 years through 6th grade
During the school year, our Sunday School programs for children and teens meet at 10:30 am in the school building, except on the first Sunday of the month. On first Sundays, we have a first Sunday family worship service at the 10:30 am service time, and no Sunday School for children. More on that is below.
In Sunday School, our young people will have opportunities to grow in faith with meaningful lessons that connect them to God’s story. They’ll have hands on opportunities, put faith in action, and draw closer to a loving God. Building community, establishing deeper friendships and encouraging children to reach out will be the goal. The children will return and join their families and the congregation in time for Holy Communion.
Find your child’s age group below:
- Ages 3-4: Our sweet and nurturing preschool class will feature hands-on activities while getting to know Jesus. Godly Play will be offered once a month; its information is below.
- Grades K-3: P.R.A.Y. & Godly Play: In addition to Godly Play once a month, we are introducing the P.R.A.Y. “God and Me” curriculum. Our wonderful teachers guide students through the steps of “Becoming Best Friends with Jesus” through activities like reading Bible stories, playing fun games, and memorizing the Lord’s Prayer. Children will learn to grow stronger in faith and serve God.
- Grades 4-6: P.R.A.Y.: Tweens will dive into the P.R.A.Y “God and Family” journey, guided by the teacher/counselor while “Growing in God’s Love” through interactive Bible-based introductions, hands-on crafts, and fun family projects. To learn more about the P.R.A.Y. program, please visit praypub.org.
First Sundays are Family Worship Sundays
In our church’s Sunday schedule, the first Sunday of each month offers a family worship service at 10:30 am, giving families an opportunity to worship together in a kid-friendly way, but there’s no Sunday School. Young people of all ages will be involved in our worship with readings, a children’s sermon and activities during worship.
Parents, if your kid is willing to read the Bible or lead prayers on First Sundays, please sign them up here.
What is Godly Play?
Godly Play is a Montessori-based curriculum that brings the Bible to life, giving children a foundation and understanding of God’s story. Gifted storytellers retell stories just like ancient storytellers passed down the sacred stories of the Bible. Children will see the “sand of the desert,” the “chains of the Israelites” and have a time to question and respond to the story with paint, clay and even Legos. The children are invited to choose an artistic response to the story.
Sunday School News
- November Sunday school news - November will bring a time of reflection as we continue to strengthen friendships that we’ve made and welcomed new friends to Sunday School and church. The fall season is a time to appreciate each other as we embrace the holiday season – a time of stewardship, Advent, festivals, planning, friends, and fun! Mark your calendars […]
- September Sunday School for kids - Welcome to September! We are excited to see what this month brings with our P.R.A.Y., Godly Play and Pre-K curricula. It’s wonderful to see new and returning faces this fall! Here are a couple of reminders and dates for your calendar. The first weekend is our Family Worship Service– no Sunday school. Everyone come directly […]
- Lessons we learn in Sunday School while preparing for Service Sunday - Our Summer Sunday School's theme of "love each other the way Jesus loves us" lets kids engage with another ministry, Service Sunday. See what kids learned about and shared on Sunday, read what's coming up this Sunday, and learn how you can minister to our children this fall...
- Sunday School for kids needs volunteers! Info night August 9 - Will you help children on their journey with God? Will you give a little of your time and use your unique gifts for our children & teen ministries? Come to our Sunday School information night in the large parish hall on Thursday, August 9 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm. We'll be going over the exciting new curriculum and job roles for the 2018-19 Sunday School year. Dinner will be provided. The first day of Sunday school is August 26, along with backpack blessings in the sanctuary. Sunday School shifts back to our during-the-school-year format on this date.
- July pool party was a splash! - Thanks to all that came out to the July 29 Pool Party! Children, teens and families cooled off in the pool and enjoyed pizza, popsicles, and plenty of juice and soda. As summer comes to an end, it was fun to reconnect and strengthen friendships that were made during the weeks of VBS and summer […]