Sunday School- 3 years through 6th grade
During the school year, our Sunday School programs for children and teens meet at 10:30 am in the school building, except on the first Sunday of the month. On first Sundays, we have a first Sunday family worship service at the 10:30 am service time, and no Sunday School for children. More on that is below.
In Sunday School, our young people will have opportunities to grow in faith with meaningful lessons that connect them to God’s story. They’ll have hands on opportunities, put faith in action, and draw closer to a loving God. Building community, establishing deeper friendships and encouraging children to reach out will be the goal. The children will return and join their families and the congregation in time for Holy Communion.
Find your child’s age group below:
- Ages 3-4: Our sweet and nurturing preschool class will feature hands-on activities while getting to know Jesus. Godly Play will be offered once a month; its information is below.
- Grades K-3: P.R.A.Y. & Godly Play: In addition to Godly Play once a month, we are introducing the P.R.A.Y. “God and Me” curriculum. Our wonderful teachers guide students through the steps of “Becoming Best Friends with Jesus” through activities like reading Bible stories, playing fun games, and memorizing the Lord’s Prayer. Children will learn to grow stronger in faith and serve God.
- Grades 4-6: P.R.A.Y.: Tweens will dive into the P.R.A.Y “God and Family” journey, guided by the teacher/counselor while “Growing in God’s Love” through interactive Bible-based introductions, hands-on crafts, and fun family projects. To learn more about the P.R.A.Y. program, please visit praypub.org.
First Sundays are Family Worship Sundays
In our church’s Sunday schedule, the first Sunday of each month offers a family worship service at 10:30 am, giving families an opportunity to worship together in a kid-friendly way, but there’s no Sunday School. Young people of all ages will be involved in our worship with readings, a children’s sermon and activities during worship.
Parents, if your kid is willing to read the Bible or lead prayers on First Sundays, please sign them up here.
What is Godly Play?
Godly Play is a Montessori-based curriculum that brings the Bible to life, giving children a foundation and understanding of God’s story. Gifted storytellers retell stories just like ancient storytellers passed down the sacred stories of the Bible. Children will see the “sand of the desert,” the “chains of the Israelites” and have a time to question and respond to the story with paint, clay and even Legos. The children are invited to choose an artistic response to the story.
Sunday School News
- Children’s Sunday school news for January - Epiphany in January brings the knowledge of Christ’s presence and God’s love for all. Children ages pre-K through 3rd grade will experience God’s love each week in our Godly Play room. Hands-on activities, crafts, and a healthy snack will give children an insight into the Godly Play philosophy. Fourth – 6th graders will also experience […]
- December Children’s Sunday school News - This month, children ages pre-K through 3rd grade will experience God’s love each week in our Godly Play room. Hands-on activities, crafts, and a healthy snack will give children an insight into the Godly Play philosophy as they learn the true meaning of Advent. Fourth – 6th graders will also experience the love of God […]
- Faith Formation Survey - Parents, please take a moment to fill out our survey about faith formation for you and your children. Thank you!
- September Sunday school news - As we welcome in the fall, we continue our Sunday school program for children! We are very excited to incorporate the curriculum, “Weaving God’s Promises” into our classes, in addition to Godly Play. Very similar to Godly Play, children will dive into the parables from the Episcopal curriculum and learn Jesus’ love for them. Children […]
- Sunday School shifts for summer! - Starting in June, Sunday school makes a little shift! We'll begin in the church at the 10:30 am service and process together to Sunday school. You can read all about the exciting summer curriculum here!