Sunday School- 3 years through 6th grade
We have Sunday School for kids of all ages year round during our 10:30 am worship time. Our summer program is a little different than our program during the school year. Starting in June, Sunday School starts in the church instead of in the school building!
The first Sunday of each month is First Sunday Family Worship.
Through August 19, all children will meet in the sanctuary for the 10:30 am worship service, and they will be invited during worship to “follow the cross” to their meeting locations. We’ll have two groups – teens in grades 7-12, and younger children 3 years old through sixth grade. All children will return to the sanctuary and join their families and our congregation in time for Holy Communion.
Sunday School teachers will welcome teens and children into individual classrooms on the second and fourth Sundays. Teens will explore some theological books, and younger children will dive into the Bible in engaging ways! On third Sundays, teens are encouraged to help lead the younger children by reading and discussing the Bible lesson. Students will bring their Bible stories to life through dioramas, skits, and discussion. As the lesson concludes, the children will return and join their families and the congregation in time for Holy Communion.
In this exciting summer adventure, as kids engage in different places, just remember this: Sunday School starts in church at 10:30!
Remember, we offer loving nursery care during the 10:30 am service for children 0-3 years old.
First Sundays are Family Worship Sundays
In our church’s Sunday schedule, the first Sunday of each month offers a family worship service at 10:30 am, giving families an opportunity to worship together in a kid-friendly way, but there’s no Sunday School. Young people of all ages will be involved in our worship with readings, music, and a children’s sermon and activities during worship.
We will shift our Sunday School to a different age-based breakout that runs during the school year starting on August 26 – read about it! We’ll share backpack blessings in the sanctuary that weekend- read about backpack blessings!
- Lessons we learn in Sunday School while preparing for Service Sunday - Our Summer Sunday School's theme of "love each other the way Jesus loves us" lets kids engage with another ministry, Service Sunday. See what kids learned about and shared on Sunday, read what's coming up this Sunday, and learn how you can minister to our children this fall...
- Sunday School for kids needs volunteers! Info night August 9 - Will you help children on their journey with God? Will you give a little of your time and use your unique gifts for our children & teen ministries? Come to our Sunday School information night in the large parish hall on Thursday, August 9 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm. We'll be going over the exciting new curriculum and job roles for the 2018-19 Sunday School year. Dinner will be provided. The first day of Sunday school is August 26, along with backpack blessings in the sanctuary. Sunday School shifts back to our during-the-school-year format on this date.
- July pool party was a splash! - Thanks to all that came out to the July 29 Pool Party! Children, teens and families cooled off in the pool and enjoyed pizza, popsicles, and plenty of juice and soda. As summer comes to an end, it was fun to reconnect and strengthen friendships that were made during the weeks of VBS and summer […]
- August Sunday School for Kids - Read about our August plans for Sunday School for kids 3 years through 6th grade, including our back-to-school activities. We do need Sunday School volunteers - are you willing to serve the youngest in our community and connect parents to our programs?
- Vacation Bible School wrapped up a week of fun! - We had an incredible five-day Shipwrecked Adventure, with God sightings that showed how "Jesus rescues." Thanks to all the volunteers and participants that made VBS a hit! Children and adult volunteers enjoyed experiments, crafts, Bible stories, thoughtful discussions, videos and dance music. In total, 102 participants and 36 volunteers shared 5 mornings of adventure! Read what we did, what we learned, and see photos: