Sunday School- 3 years through 6th grade
During the school year, our Sunday School programs for children and teens meet at 10:30 am in the school building, except on the first Sunday of the month. On first Sundays, we have a first Sunday family worship service at the 10:30 am service time, and no Sunday School for children. More on that is below.
In Sunday School, our young people will have opportunities to grow in faith with meaningful lessons that connect them to God’s story. They’ll have hands on opportunities, put faith in action, and draw closer to a loving God. Building community, establishing deeper friendships and encouraging children to reach out will be the goal. The children will return and join their families and the congregation in time for Holy Communion.
Find your child’s age group below:
- Ages 3-4: Our sweet and nurturing preschool class will feature hands-on activities while getting to know Jesus. Godly Play will be offered once a month; its information is below.
- Grades K-3: P.R.A.Y. & Godly Play: In addition to Godly Play once a month, we are introducing the P.R.A.Y. “God and Me” curriculum. Our wonderful teachers guide students through the steps of “Becoming Best Friends with Jesus” through activities like reading Bible stories, playing fun games, and memorizing the Lord’s Prayer. Children will learn to grow stronger in faith and serve God.
- Grades 4-6: P.R.A.Y.: Tweens will dive into the P.R.A.Y “God and Family” journey, guided by the teacher/counselor while “Growing in God’s Love” through interactive Bible-based introductions, hands-on crafts, and fun family projects. To learn more about the P.R.A.Y. program, please visit praypub.org.
First Sundays are Family Worship Sundays
In our church’s Sunday schedule, the first Sunday of each month offers a family worship service at 10:30 am, giving families an opportunity to worship together in a kid-friendly way, but there’s no Sunday School. Young people of all ages will be involved in our worship with readings, a children’s sermon and activities during worship.
Parents, if your kid is willing to read the Bible or lead prayers on First Sundays, please sign them up here.
What is Godly Play?
Godly Play is a Montessori-based curriculum that brings the Bible to life, giving children a foundation and understanding of God’s story. Gifted storytellers retell stories just like ancient storytellers passed down the sacred stories of the Bible. Children will see the “sand of the desert,” the “chains of the Israelites” and have a time to question and respond to the story with paint, clay and even Legos. The children are invited to choose an artistic response to the story.
Sunday School News
- Sunday School news for March- As we head into this month, children will finish Epiphany lessons from the Old Testament and begin the study of Lent. Epiphany lessons prepared us for Lent – learning the evidence of God’s existence. Lent is a reflective season – an opportunity to go deep within ourselves and focus on our relationship with God and […]
- Scout Sunday & Lunch Fundraiser a success!- Sunday school students and Scouts of all sorts lent a hand to our worship service and to our lunch fundraiser afterwards! They helped us raise $274.11 for Children's & Youth Ministries! Thank you to all who came to support us and to all who helped us prepare for this special event! See pictures...
- Sunday School news for February- Children will continue the season of Epiphany immersed in lessons from the Old Testament. We will learn about a variety of prophets, each speaking to God’s relationship with the people. “Although these prophets were speaking to a particular circumstance in a specific time and place, their words are helpful reminders to us today about our […]
- Sunday School news for January- Children will kick off January with the Season of Epiphany. They will experience and learn about the abundance of the Kingdom of God. “Perhaps we, too, noticed a star and followed it. Or maybe someone led us to the gift of faith. Now we take the Light – the Good News – out into the […]
- Sunday School news for December- Welcome to December! We are excited to bring the lessons of giving to others and about Jesus’ love in this season of Advent. Children will learn about stewardship using the mite boxes they were given during last month’s family worship service. Children will also finalize all the hard work they’ve done in their P.R.A.Y. workbooks. […]