Host a foreign exchange student
Worldwide International Student Exchange (WISE) invites people in the Fort Worth area to consider sharing their home for 5 to 10 months with a student involved with a foreign exchange program. We’re passing along WISE’s invitation to our community at St. Martin-in-the-Fields Episcopal Church.
- Are between 15 and 18 years old
- Can either stay 10 months or 5 months
- Speak English
- Bring their own spending money
- Have their own medical and accident insurance
- Are active in music, dance, sports, and more…
Why host an exchange student?
- To enrich your community
- To inspire your family
- To learn about another country and culture
- To share your country and cultures
- To add a new member to your family
What is expected of you and your family:
The health and safety of each student is WISE’s highest priority, so they ask host families to abide by the regulations of the U. S. Department of State, as well as provide:
- Open communication, encouragement, patience, and sound advice
- A separate bed, which can be in a shared room
- A quiet place to study
- Three daily meals
- Local transportation (students are not permitted to drive while on the program)
- Treatment as a member of a family, which may include household rules, responsibilities, and privileges
If you want to pursue offering a student a great home in Fort Worth, contact WISE Student Coordinator Lisa Jones at 720-530-5122 or email@example.com.