Scouts Youth PRAY Program
We invite all members of our community, whether registered as a BSA youth or not, to participate in this exciting program brought to you by St. Martin-in-the-Fields Episcopal Church.
P.R.A.Y program info
When: Sundays, 5:30-6:15 pm, January 17-May 23, 2021.
Where: Online using Zoom or in small socially-distanced groups at St. Martin’s, either inside or outside, dependent on the COVID-19 situation at the time.
Open to: Youth of any denomination in grades 6-12 with parent’s or legal guardian’s permission.
BSA Youth Members: Earn your Scouts BSA Youth Religious Award Knot.
Cost: $20 per youth covers the workbook and the completion awards: knot (if a BSA registered youth), pin, patch, and certificate.
Program: Respectfully facilitated from the perspective of The Episcopal Church using the P.R.A.Y. (praypub.org) materials created for protestant and independent churches. At conclusion, youth will meet with their own religious leader or meet with a member of St. Martin’s clergy for final approval.
Questions? Email email@example.com
God & Life (grades 9-12)
The God and Life study is based on the life of the Apostle Paul as recorded in Acts 9:1-31.
There are five units:
- God calls all kinds of people.
- God doesn’t expect us to do it on our own.
- Each of us must make a personal response to the call of God.
- God gives strength to face adversities.
- God can accomplish great things through those who are willing to do God’s will.
God & Church (grades 6-8)
The God and Church program will be a journey to meet Jesus, worship God, and witness and minister for Christ. Participants create a photo album to share their faith journeys w/ others. There are three units:
- Meeting Christ: • Meeting Jesus, the Person • Meeting Jesus, the Son of God • Meeting Jesus, the Head of the Church.
- Worshiping God: • Learning how Christ Worshiped God • Exploring How My Congregation Worships God • Discovering How I Can Worship God.
- Witnessing and Ministering for Christ: • Learning How Christ Witnessed and Ministered to Others • Exploring How My Congregation Witnesses and Ministers to Others • Discovering How I Can Witness and Minister.