A Matter of Balance – free workshop
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling & restrict their activities. A Matter of Balance is an award-winning program designed to manage falls & increase activity levels. This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
You will learn to:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength & balance
Who should attend?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility & strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activites because of falling concerns
A Matter of Balance is a free workshop! We have two sessions available – please contact the office to choose your session!
This free workshop is for adults 60 & over and will meet weekly in the small, west parish hall from 2:30-4:30. Register today – Choose either Mondays or Saturdays. Invite your friends & neighbors!
Session 1: 7 weeks on Saturdays, September 8 – October 20
Session 2: 8 weeks on Mondays, September 24 – November 12
Call or email Anika Rinker in the church office, 817-431-2396, firstname.lastname@example.org.