For years on the second Sundays of each month, St. Martin’s came together to prepare sack lunches for the homeless served by Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County (UGM.) When the COVID-19 restrictions started in March, we switched from preparing lunches to donating money instead. Soon after, we were informed that more than money, UGM needed those sack lunches, which are very popular among their population. In June several families began yet again to safely prepare the 120 sack lunches, this time in their own homes.
Now you can help too!
If you or your family would like to participate in making sack lunches once a month, here’s what you need to know:
- Contact us at servicesunday@
- The Service Sunday organizers will purchase and coordinate pickup or delivery of needed supplies, including gloves & masks and provide you with detailed instructions.
- Gloves and masks need to be properly worn while preparing the lunches.
- If you have volunteered and anyone in your family is feeling ill, having any symptoms of COVID, or is running a fever, please do not prepare lunches until everyone is healthy again. Simply inform us, and we will make other arrangements.
- Have a driver from your family ready to deliver the sacks that same day to UGM. If you have no driver, or are unable to deliver, let us know and we’ll arrange for someone to pick up the sacks and deliver them. Here’s a map of UGM’s location.
It is a very rewarding experience to know that your actions will have an immediate, positive impact on another human being. Ready to jump in? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. God bless you!
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in. Matthew 25:35