Daily Lenten Series & Sunday Discussion
This Lent, we invite you to participate in a daily devotion and a weekly noon Sunday class that are connected, using a series designed so that everyone in our community can participate.
“It’s Time to Stop, Pray, Work, Play & Love” is a video series and reflection workbook designed so that everyone can participate. Everyone is busy. Time is at a premium. It is hard for all to come together to deepen our faith. In this series of short, daily videos over five weeks, the brothers of the Society of Saint John the Evangelist (SSJE) invite us to recapture time as a gift. The series asks us to think about how we relate to Time in our lives over the five weeks of Lent from Ash Wednesday through Palm Sunday. Each day there is a mobile-friendly video, a provocative question and a call to reflect either in the workbook or on social media. On Sundays, adults and older kids can gather after the 10:30am service to view the compilation video, discuss and share in a forum facilitated by our new rector, Scot McComas.
How to get started
- Subscribe to receive the daily video from SSJE: ssje.org/ssje/time/
- Grab a workbook at church, or download a PDF from SSJE here
Daily, February 18 – March 29
- Watch the reflection video; it will arrive by a link in an early morning email. We’ll be re-posting it on St. Martin’s Facebook page.
- Ponder the thought-provoking question at the end of the video over the course of the day, then answer on the worksheet.
- Engage with us on Facebook and share your thoughts on the video post. To make sure you have these posts in your Facebook newsfeed, first “Like” our Facebook page facebook.com/stmartinkellertx and then if you’re on a computer (not mobile) you can turn on notifications from our page using these instructions
Sundays at Church, February 22 – March 29
- Join us in the small blue parish hall in the education building after the 10:30 service for about 45 minutes. Childcare will be provided. Adults and older kids and teens will enjoy the reflection and discussion.
- As a group, we’ll review the compilation video together as a refresher, talk about the week’s theme, share thoughts and experiences.
- If you’re using SSJE’s workbook to jot or journal your reflections, bring it!
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.