Children will be immersed in lessons of Jesus’ journey as they enter into the Lenten season. Children ages pre-K through 3rd grade will experience God’s love each week in our Godly Play room. Hands-on activities, crafts, and a healthy snack will give children an insight into the Godly Play philosophy. Fourth – 5th graders will also experience the love of God and how to apply it to real world experiences through discussion, skits, and scripture readings. The emphasis on giving will continue, as will the philosophy of “love all as Jesus loves us,” using lessons from the Episcopal curriculum “Weaving God’s Promises.” Sunday school begins at 10:15 am in the large parish hall. Children will worship with their families for Family Worship Service on the First Sundays of the month.
Children’s Events in March:
Sunday, March 1: Family Worship Service
Anyone who would like to read for a specific Family Worship Service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, March 8: Service Sunday
Sunday, March 15: Children’s Ministry and EYC will host Coffee Hour after the 8:30 & 10:30 am services.
March Sunday School lessons:
- March 8: Godly Play: “The Faces of Easter 1”
- March 15: Godly Play: “The Faces of Easter 2”
- March 22: Godly Play: “The Faces of Easter 3″
- March 29: Godly Play: “The Faces of Easter 4″
- March 8: Weaving God’s Promises: “The Transfiguration”
- March 15: Weaving God’s Promises: “Be Ready! The Son of Man is Coming”
- March 22: Weaving God’s Promises: “Jesus Enters Jerusalem”
- March 29: Weaving God’s Promises: “Jesus’ Last Supper and From the Garden to the Cross”
- Sundays in Lent: children and families bring in donations to church for “The Shoe That Grows” Lenten outreach project.
- Palm Sunday April 5: children and families attend service together.
- Good Friday Family Service April 10 at 5:30 pm, final collection of Lenten project donation and blessing them at this service.
- Easter: April 12, Easter Egg Hunt at 9:45 am and flowering of the cross as part of the procession at 10:30 am service.
- Sunday school Teacher Appreciation Brunch with Families, May 3
- End of year Sunday school celebration Sunday, May 17.
- Family Summer Nights on Wednesday’s. Summer Pool Parties with Youth Ministry and Families one to two times per month. Specific times TBD. Church Movie Nights, times TBD.
- Summer Sunday school starting May 31(Pentecost), Godly Play and Episcopal Digital Network curriculum
- Vacation Bible School July 13-17 (includes outreach project for children and their families)
Sunday School Registration
If you are new to our Sunday school or haven’t already filled out permission forms for your child, please fill out the forms today! Or you can fill them out when you drop your child off at Sunday School.
Stay tuned to children’s events throughout the year through email, weekly news, and Facebook. Please be sure to put your email address on your child’s registration form so that I can keep in touch with you throughout the Sunday School year! If you have any questions or I could be of service, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Liza Goodner, Children’s Minister