Welcome February, as children embrace the season of Lent! Children will dive into lessons about Jesus’ journey for forty days. “Common Prayer for Children and Families” connects children to the scripture in a meditative way. Sunday school will explore lessons from the Episcopal Church website curriculum “Lesson Plans that Work” and discuss the applicable meaning of the words, “everlasting,” ”Holy Spirit,” and “fasting.”
Children will also engage with lesson plans for Godly Play and Ministry to Children. All children Pre-K through 5th grade are welcome to join in the meeting on Zoom! Email Children’s Minister Liza Goodner at email@example.com for the link.
In addition to Sunday school this month, all families will receive “Lent in a Bag” offered in the parking lot on Sunday, February 14 before or after the 10:30 am worship service. The items of the bag are multigenerational meditative and interactive liturgies for all ages! All are welcome to receive a bag!
How to connect:
- Watch worship services online anytime
- To get the link for Zoom Sunday school classes at 9:30 or to get reminder text messages, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We post recorded Godly Play Sunday school lessons & other interesting news to the St. Martin’s Facebook page
- If you are new and want to plug into St. Martin’s children’s activities, please fill out a permission form and email to Liza.
- The church staff are here for you! If you need pastoral care, prayers for you or your family, resources, or anything else, please let us know!
Children and Families are welcome to volunteer with the Good News Gardens, our raised Garden Beds that benefit 4Saints Food Pantry! Look for updates here, and via email. If you would like to participate please email email@example.com.
More information about Sunday School: