We welcome December with anticipation, hope and wonder in the church season of Advent. Filled with many traditions, one of the most special at St. Martin’s is creating an Advent Wreath made with evergreen branches and four candles, one for each week of Advent. The lighting of the candles reminds us of the coming of “God’s promised light into the darkness of the world.” (Book of Common Prayer for Children and Families.) Each week on Sunday, light another Advent candle and watch the light grow as we get closer to celebrating the birth of Jesus.
During Sunday School this month, we’ll say the Advent Wreath prayer, then follow along with the Gospel of the day from Episcopal Digital Network’s liturgy and crafts. All children Pre-K through 5th grade are welcome to join in the meeting on Zoom! Email Children’s Minister at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link or to get your Advent Wreath kit.
Advent Liturgy links for creating a sacred space at home:
- Email email@example.com to get your Advent Wreath kit.
How to connect:
- Watch worship services online anytime
- To get the link for Zoom Sunday school classes at 9:30 or to get reminder text messages, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We post recorded Godly Play Sunday school lessons & other interesting news to the St. Martin’s Facebook page
- If you are new and want to plug into St. Martin’s children’s activities, please fill out a permission form and email to Liza.
- The church staff are here for you! If you need pastoral care, prayers for you or your family, resources, or anything else, please let us know!
One of the many ways we learn to celebrate Jesus’ love for us this month is to feed our hungry neighbors, donate toys to a child in need, or give to St. Martin’s. Learn more about how you can participate here:
Children and Families are welcome to volunteer with the Good News Gardens, our raised Garden Beds that benefit 4Saints Food Pantry! Look for updates here, and via email. if you would like to participate please email email@example.com.
More information about Sunday School: