We have finally reached Phase 2 of our Regathering plan!
What does this mean?
Many of you have asked, “when will St. Martin’s return to in-person worship?” The answer is very soon!
This week, we invited Vestry members and Regather Team members and their families to register to take place in our first of two beta tests for in-person worship. This first test will take place at an 8 am service on Sunday, May 16, and is limited to 20 people.
A second beta test will take place at the 10:30 am service on May 23, and will again be by invitation only. It will be livestreamed and recorded as usual.
We anticipate that registration for in-person worship will be open to all for the May 30 service at 10:30 am.
How will it work?
- All members/families will be required to register online to attend the Sunday service.
- Attendance will be capped at 50 people (not including the altar party and ushers).
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Masks and other protocols will be in place. You will receive an email after registration with instructions and guidelines.
- You must check in with an usher; your registration will be confirmed and they will take your temperature.
- Seats will be assigned and ushers will take you to your seats. (This is to ensure we keep at least 6’ distance between individuals or families.)
- Drive-In Worship will continue and those who wish may bring lawn chairs and sit under the trees on the south side of the church.
- We will continue to record and livestream our 10:30 am worship service indefinitely.
- After the first few weeks, we will open up our large parish hall to accommodate an additional 50 people who will watch the service live on a connected screen, and will receive communion.
- Hospitality/Coffee Hour plans are coming! But for the meantime, we ask that folks not linger after the service.
Please keep in mind that if COVID numbers spike in our congregation or in our area, we may have to discontinue in-person gathering until it becomes safe again.
Look for more information in emails and on our website in the coming weeks. We will announce registration when it is open.
We look forward to seeing everyone again safely!