Epiphany in January brings the knowledge of Christ’s presence and God’s love for all. Children ages pre-K through 3rd grade will experience God’s love each week in our Godly Play room. Hands-on activities, crafts, and a healthy snack will give children an insight into the Godly Play philosophy. Fourth – 6th graders will also experience the love of God and how to apply it to real world experiences through discussion, skits, and scripture readings. The emphasis on giving will continue, as will the philosophy of “love all as Jesus loves us,” using lessons from the Episcopal curriculum “Weaving God’s Promises.” Sunday school begins at 10:15 am in the large parish hall. Children will worship with their families for Family Worship Service on the First Sundays of the month.
Events in January:
January Sunday School lessons:
- January 12: Godly Play: Epiphany “The Gifts of the Magi”
- January 19: Godly Play: “Holy Baptism”
- January 26: Godly Play: “Parable of the Good Shephard”
- January 12: Weaving God’s Promises: Lessons from the Gospel of Matthew “Jesus’ Baptism and Early Years”
- January 19: Weaving God’s Promises: Lessons from the Gospel of Matthew “Jesus’ Teachings” (The Sermon on the Mount)
- January 26: Weaving God’s Promises: Lessons from the Gospel of Matthew “Jesus Heals the Sick”
Looking Ahead to February:
Please bring your children to our Valentine’s Day Parent’s Night Out youth fundraiser on Saturday night, February 15. Children Ages 0-5th grade will make crafts, eat pizza, and watch a movie. More information to come. Please contact Children’s Minister Liza Goodner at email@example.com if interested in participating that evening.
Sunday School Registration
If you are new to our Sunday school or haven’t already filled out permission forms for your child, please fill out the forms today! Or you can fill them out when you drop your child off at Sunday School.
Stay tuned to children’s events throughout the year through email, weekly news, and Facebook. Please be sure to put your email address on your child’s registration form so that I can keep in touch with you throughout the Sunday School year! If you have any questions or I could be of service, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Liza Goodner, Children’s Minister