In May, children will explore the meanings behind the Feast of the Ascension and The Day of Pentecost. Children will read prayers from “Common Prayer for Children and Families,” and the following scriptures from the Old and New Testament Lectionary: Acts 8:26-40, 1 John 4:7-21, John 15:1-8, Acts 10:44-48, 1 John 5:1-6, John 15:9-17, Acts 1:15-17, 21-26, 1 John 5:9-13, John 17:6-19, Acts 2:1-21, Romans 8:22-27, John 15:26-27; 16:4b-15, Isaiah 6:1-8, Romans 8:12-17, John 3:1-17.
Children will also engage using the lesson plans for Godly Play and crafts from Ministry to Children.
All children pre-K through 5th grade are welcome to join in the meeting on Zoom! Email Children’s Minister Liza Goodner at email@example.com for the link.
How to connect:
- Watch worship services online anytime
- To get the link for Zoom Sunday school classes at 9:30 or to get reminder text messages, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We post recorded Godly Play Sunday school lessons & other interesting news to the St. Martin’s Facebook page
- If you are new and want to plug into St. Martin’s children’s activities, please fill out a permission form and email to Liza.
- The church staff are here for you! If you need pastoral care, prayers for you or your family, resources, or anything else, please let us know!
Children and Families are welcome to volunteer with the Good News Gardens, our raised Garden Beds that benefit 4Saints Food Pantry! Look for updates here, and via email. If you would like to participate please email email@example.com.
More information about Sunday School: