Angel Tree – UPDATED with new gifts!
Gifts from our Angel Tree can bring Christmas joy to children at Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County who otherwise wouldn’t have as much holiday cheer.
We are overwhelmed that the Angel Tree tags for children are all adopted, and we are grateful for your generosity. Now,
- Go shopping! Get the new gifts that are listed on your child’s tag. Please buy all of the child’s gifts listed on the tag. Please, no gift cards.
- Return the gifts by Sunday, December 10, unwrapped, in a closed trash bag with the original angel tree tag firmly attached, to the Angel Tree in church. A roll of wrapping paper and a roll of tape would be a great addition!
New opportunity: gifts for adults
All the Angel tags for children were adopted, but our giving doesn’t have to end there! There are things on UGM’s immediate needs list that you can give. You don’t need a specific tag for these, though tags will be available to spur your shopping. Items are:
- Large shower slippers
- Men and Women’s underwear, all sizes
- Women’s sweaters, all sizes
- Diapers, sizes 4, 5, and 6
- Foot powder
- Clorox wipes with bleach
- White linens, twin XL bedding sets
- Face towels
So, go shopping and return the gifts by Sunday, December 10, unwrapped, to the Angel Tree in church. A roll of wrapping paper and a roll of tape would be a great addition!
You can also shop online and have gifts delivered straight to UGM! Their immediate needs list has online wish list links for Amazon, WalMart and Target, along with their shipping address.
On December 10
Our congregation will bless these gifts and pray for the recipients at our 10:30 am worship service on December 10.
Like so many things in life, there is far more involved in Angel Tree gifts than just things that we buy. At a time of year when Christmas reveals the gift of our God who loves us all, we provide love and hope and intentional, personal support to the poor and homeless in our county. Let’s continue in fruitful ways to live out our church’s core value of service – to share the abundance of our resources, talents and love with each other in our community, country and around the world.
Questions on the Angel Tree gifts? Please call Anika Rinker in the church office, 817-431-2396 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.