Vision Statement – Round 2
Through some good discussion and prayer, we have now narrowed down our seven vision statements to three. They are as follows:
- St. Martin-in-the-Fields is an open and accepting community where the love of Jesus lives and transforms through education, worship, service and fellowship.
- St. Martin-in-the-Fields is an open and accepting community of faith that lives (acts) out the fullness of God’s love by becoming Christ’s hands and feet in our church and in the world.
- St. Martin-in-the-Fields is an open and accepting community where the love of Jesus lives and transforms.
Take time to ponder these statements and maybe refer back to the original 7 and see what you think and let us know. Once the Vision statement is in place we therefore go forward to our mission statement with this connecting phrase: Our mission therefore is to…
Here follow an example…..
Our Vision Statement
St. Thomas’ Church exists to honor and serve God. We are an enduring community drawn together to seek, celebrate, and proclaim, by word and example, the boundless compassion of Jesus Christ.
Our mission therefore is to……
Following the example of Jesus Christ, our mission is to proclaim the love of God, and one another, through our worship and common life together.
Our Values Statement
To accomplish our mission, St. Thomas’ Church bases its decisions and actions on the following core values:
- Welcoming and embracing all who seek the Living Word of God.
- Giving our hearts, resources, and talents to one another and to God’s creation.
- Teaching our parish family, young and old, in Christian faith and values.
- Carrying out Christ’s work of reconciliation in the world.
Please take time to ponder the three vision statements…comment on these and hopefully come prepared this coming Sunday to share and shape.
Please do not hesitate to call and or send me your comments and ideas. Every piece of input will help us move forward. God bless, Mike+