Sunday School- 3 years through 6th grade
During the school year, our Sunday School programs for children and teens meet at 10:30 am in the school building, except on the first Sunday of the month. On first Sundays, we have a first Sunday family worship service at the 10:30 am service time, and no Sunday School for children. Our family worship service gives our community an opportunity to worship together in a “kid friendly” format and allows teens and children to serve as readers, ushers and more!
Our Sunday School format shifts in June – get the details
Our young people will have opportunities to grow in faith with meaningful lessons that connect them to God’s story. Special events will give hands on opportunities, put faith in action and help kids draw closer to a loving God. Building community, establishing deeper friendships and encouraging children to reach out will be the goal. The children will return and join their families and the congregation in time for Holy Communion.
Find your child’s age group below:
Preschool class for 3-4 year olds
This year we offer a new preschool class for 3-4 year olds! This class is packed full of fun-filled activities centered around helping preschoolers know Jesus through purposeful play and joy-filled worship.
Grades K-3: Dig-In & Godly Play
This year we offer a new curriculum, Dig-In. Kids will be lead through walking in Jesus’ footsteps from birth to resurrection to ascension. Kids won’t just learn about the historical Jesus; they will get to know him personally. They’ll discover that Jesus is a real person—a real friend—who makes a difference in their lives today.
Godly Play will be offered once a month. It is a Montessori-based curriculum that brings the Bible to life, giving children a foundation and understanding of God’s story. Gifted storytellers retell stories just like ancient storytellers passed down the sacred stories of the Bible. Children will see the “sand of the desert,” the “chains of the Israelites” and have a time to question and respond to the story with paint, clay and even Legos. The children are invited to choose an artistic response to the story.
Grades 4-6: Grapple
Our tweens will use a new curriculum as well, Grapple. Grapple will help 4th – 6th graders own their faith. This curriculum was created knowing that preteens need the truth, with a goal to help them find it. Grapple lessons are based on real questions asked by real 10, 11, and 12-year-olds. Here, tweens will learn how to search the Bible for answers and build a faith foundation that guides wise choices.
Grades 4-6: Grapple
First Sundays are Family Worship Sundays
In our church’s Sunday schedule, the first Sunday of each month offers a family worship service at 10:30 am, giving families an opportunity to worship together in a kid-friendly way, but there’s no Sunday School. Young people of all ages will be involved in our worship with readings, a children’s sermon and activities during worship.
Sunday School News
- Help us perform The Little Drummer Boy on Christmas Eve! - Children & teens! Can you sing or play an instrument? Can’t do either but just want to have fun? Join us on Christmas Eve at the 5 pm service. During the offertory hymn, we’ll be handing out instruments and performing “The Little Drummer Boy.” Bring your instrument if you have one, or just bring yourself! Contact […]
- Musical practice for Family Worship on May 6 - Calling children of all ages! Join us for two practice sessions this Sunday and next, April 22 & 29 for a performance of “Jesus Loves Me!” during the Family Worship service on May 6. Parents, please bring kids to the school building at 9:45 am for practice before Sunday school. We’ll practice singing and playing […]
- Sunday School kick off & backpack blessings – August 27 - Children and teen ministries are gearing up for a wonderful fall semester of Sunday School! You might be wondering, how exactly does fall Sunday School differ from summer Sunday School? Well, during the summer months, we shift to a one-room schoolhouse approach for our lessons, where all age groups are combined into one room to […]
- Sunday School news - Sunday School for kids ages 3-6th grade is going great, and kids are enjoying our curriculum. We are really looking forward to incorporating music into the mix! Here are the Sunday School lessons for December: Grapple: December 10: “What Would Jesus Play on His Ipod?” December 17: “What if Jesus is Lord?” Godly Play: […]
- Sunday School News – May - In May, we’ll continue engaging kids 3 years through sixth grade with Godly Play, Dig In, and Grapple curricula. Join us for two great events this month! First Sunday family worship on May 6 will feature our children singing & playing instruments during service to “Jesus loves me!” Get in on the action: Sunday School Celebration […]
- Sunday School News for April - Liza Goodner is making the transition as our new Children's Minister, taking over for Amy Pirk. Please stay tuned as she dives into this new role and check back for updates on Sunday school news happenings. Read about our April plans!
- Sunday School News For Children: The January Scoop - The Children’s Ministry team has been hard at work preparing a wonderful Spring Semester for your children to enjoy! Take a peak at what we have planned for the month of January: January 14: Preschool: “God Creates the World” – God’s creation is awesome, and it tells us of our awesome God. God designed creation […]
- Sunday School News: Stepping into Spring! - Sunday School for kids ages 3 – 6th grade has a busy March lined up! Read what’s at the heart of our lessons each Sunday at 10:30 am: March 4: No Sunday School – First Sunday Family Worship March 11: Preschool (3-4 years old): “God Makes a Covenant with Abraham” – God’s knowledge is unparalleled. […]
- Sunday School shifts to summer format in June - We have Sunday School for kids of all ages year round during 10:30 am worship time. Our summer program, which starts in June, is a little different - *it starts in church.* Read about the summer program for kids 3 years - 12th grade:
- Sunday School: What’s Happening in February! - Sunday School for kids ages 3 – 6th grade has a busy February lined up! Read what’s at the heart of our lessons each Sunday: February 4: No Sunday School – First Sunday Family Worship February 11: Preschool (3-4 year olds): “God Floods the Earth” – Noah and his family lived through a one-of-a-kind natural […]