Diocesan Workshops on March 21 Target Doers & Leaders
The Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth invites all to Leadership Inspiration and Training Day on Saturday, March 21, at St. Christopher Episcopal Church, 3550 Southwest Loop 820, Fort Worth, 76133. The day will offer workshps and will cover topics on money, communications, and congregational growth, but not in the same ways diocesan workshops have done before. These aren’t your granddad’s church workshops. These will be training sessions for leaders and volunteers of all kinds. The goals are to help you get stuff done, whether you’re stuck on something or you need to do something new.
- wanting to compare ideas and collaborate with others about how to make your congregation grow?
- a paid or volunteer worker-bee who needs more information to be effective?
- an elected or appointed leader in your congregation?
- a leader who hasn’t been elected or appointed?
- wrestling with a particular question about managing parish money?
- wrestling with some parish communication issue ranging from pew sheets to websites to social media?
Workshops will use a flipped classroom model. Workshop facilitators include Robert Beihl of the Episcopal Diocese of Texas, Jimmy Abbot of Holy Comforter Episcopal Church in Spring, Texas, and diocesan and parish communicators. Details of the day, of the workshops, of the presenters, are on the diocesan website: