Join the Episcopal congregations of the Fort Worth East Deanery in a five-week book study of Take This Bread by Sara Miles. The book tells the story of an unexpected and terribly inconvenient Christian conversion. It describes the author’s journey of faith from cynical atheist to religious activist against hunger, and recounts the establishment of food pantries that feed thousands of people. It is not only a spiritual memoir but a call to action, and an appropriate topic as our deanery churches help launch the 4Saints Episcopal Food Pantry.
Simple soup supper & book discussion
To share this book, the study & discussion will rotate locations between the four congregations in the deanery. Each Thursday night from 6:30 – 8 pm, from March 9 through April 6, folks will sharing a simple soup supper. Buy a copy of the book, or check your library and connect with others as this study moves from church to church. Please RSVP here to let host churches know how many to expect.
Dates & locations:
- March 9 – St. Luke’s in the Meadow, Fort Worth
- March 16 – St. Alban’s, Arlington, meeting in Theater Arlington
- March 23 – St Stephen’s, Hurst
- March 30 – St Martin-in-the-Fields, Keller/Southlake, in the large east parish hall of the school building
- April 6 – St. Luke’s in the Meadow, Fort Worth – final night, with Holy Communion