Christmas letter from our rector
St. Nicholas Day
December 6, 2017
Dear Friends in Christ,
I wish each of you an Advent that allows you some time and space for prayer amidst the busyness of December. In this frenetic season, please make some time to enjoy the beauty of Advent in the form of carving out some time for silence and reflection.
As we prepare for Christmastide during Advent, I invite you to visit St. Martin-in-the-Fields for one or more of our Christmas services. All Christmas services will offer Holy Communion and all of our Christmas Eve services will have carols and hymns.
Christmas Eve Services
- 3:00 pm a focus on the youngest of children
- 3:45 pm cookies with Santa in the back of the church
- 5:00 pm Rite II family service
- 6:15 pm an Elves Feast and a visit from Santa in the large parish hall
- 8:30 pm Rite II worship
- 10:30 pm Rite II worship with incense
Christmas Day Service
- 11:00 am a quiet, reflective service with no music
I also would like to invite you to make your Christmas offering online with the button at the end of my letter. Pray and reflect on the many blessings you have encountered in 2017 and offer some back to God. May God richly bless you and your loved ones this Advent and Christmastide.
Faithfully in Christ,
The Rev. Scot McComas