Brotherhood of St. Andrew – Men’s Ministry
The Brotherhood of St. Andrew is a international ministry of men in The Episcopal Church devoted to spread Christ’s kingdom and do Christ’s work in our church and community. The Brotherhood uses three disciplines of prayer, study and service to inspire, empower and equip men and boys to fulfill the Great Commission, to go and make disciples of all the nations (Matthew 28:19).
All men 18 years and older are welcome to join the Brotherhood of St. Andrew. The Brotherhood will be meeting at church monthly at 9 am on third Saturdays to pray together, study the scriptures and serve our community; they are studying the book “The Gospel of Luke.” For more information, please contact Jim Bedell at email@example.com.
The Brotherhood’s regular service includes setting up & cleaning up potluck suppers Wednesday evenings as a part of Church Night. The Brotherhood will spearhead the Festival in the Fields event this fall.
At St. Martin-in-the-Fields, our chapter formed on November 30, 2015, on the feast of St. Andrew, when a group of nine men including our rector met for breakfast, prayer and fellowship at the Main Street Café in Keller.
The Botherhood’s international history began in 1883 at what is now St. James Cathedral in Chicago, Illinois. The Brotherhood was incorporated 25 years later in May 1908 by President Teddy Roosevelt. Brothers played – and still play – leading roles in Episcopal Church ministries.
The Order of Daughters of the King is a sister organization to the Brotherhood of St. Andrew, with shared ministry purposes of evangelism and equipping members for Christ’s service. St. Martin’s has a new and strong chapter of the Daughters of the King.
Officers & dues
Chapter officers are
- Jim Bedell, chapter director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charles Busey, chapter vice director
- Carl Snow, treasurer
- David Greer, secretary
Dues for membership in the national organization are $40.
For more information, contact Jim Bedell at email@example.com.